Re: [whatwg] Viewing situations - Re: The src-N proposal

Am 10.11.2013 18:53 schrieb Tab Atkins Jr.:
> This proposal does not address Variable-Sized Images; handling the
> difficulty and verbosity of that is indeed centralized to the
> <situations> element, but that doesn't make it much better.

I omitted variable-sized images indeed. The syntax you propose is very
lean and elegant and powerful, but it looks rather unintuitive to me.
Many websites are built by highly-skilled professionals, and later
maintained by editors with less technical knowledge. They can learn how
to export an image in 3 or 5 different sizes, but you can't expect them
to apply the correct syntax (nor figure out which values to insert into
any future CMS UI to generate the img tag).

Also, I am afraid that this shortcut syntax can be quite harmful if
applied incorrectly, e.g. by copy-pasting authors.

This is why I'd prefer verbosity in this case.