Re: [whatwg] pagehide vs pagevis

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:02:11 -0400
To: Brady Eidson <beidson@apple.com>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 5/29/13 2:25 PM, Brady Eidson wrote:
>> So what happens when script calls dispatchEvent on a node that's in a
>> document that's in your page cache?
>
> I believe the design is “nothing.”

That's a spec violation, then: there are no provisions in any DOM spec
for dispatchEvent on an EventTarget not actually dispatching the event.

> I’ve tried these search terms and the only obviously relevant thing I
> could find was
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2012Feb/0111.html

Uh...
http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?keywords=pagehide&hdr-1-name=subject&hdr-1-query=visibility&index-grp=Public_FULL&index-type=t&type-index=public-web-perf

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2012May/0101.html is
one relevant mail, but you may want to read the whole thread.

I'm not sure why I have to be doing basic mailing list searches for you....

-Boris