Re: [whatwg] Proposing: "autoscroll" event

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:12:32 -0700
To: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Kyle Simpson <getify@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:
> The simplest solution (by far) would be to stop storing “information
> that is used by JS” in a hash. Even Internet Explorer has pushState()
> these days: <http://caniuse.com/history>.
>
> Applying private semantics to public resources makes them less
> accessible for everyone else. IMHO that should not be encouraged.

That is not the simplest solution for single-page purely client-side
applications, although I suppose you could configure the server in
such a way that it would work (though then it might suck for
client-side caching).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/