Re: [whatwg] Fetch: number of tasks queued

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> What exact behavior are you proposing for the XHR implementation when it
>> gets the callbacks described above?  It sure sounds to me like you're
>> presupposing that the "some data available" callbacks indicate whether there
>> might be _more_ data available in the future or not, unless I'm missing
>> something.
>
> Currently the XMLHttpRequest specification only has a single
> readystatechange event to switch to 3. This matches some set of
> browsers and may or may not match Gecko these days (certainly did not
> in the past). Other network tasks before the final one result in
> progress events.

That doesn't answer my question.  Gecko fires only one readystatechange
event to switch to LOADING: it's fired when we get the first "data
available" notification.

What you're proposing is that in some cases we NOT fire this event when
we get the first "data available" notification, but I can't tell what
sort of cases these are.

-Boris