Re: [whatwg] Maxlength attribute on input[type=number]

In my specific case, a numeric code with a maximum length.

Say it's 4 digits, and I'm using Chrome. I can put max=9999, but the browser still allows me to type 12345. It won't allow me to submit the form, and it highlights it as an error, but I can still enter it. Using a maxlength means I can't even enter 12345, and it's obvious that it will only accept 4 digits.

Using input[type=text] is not desirable because (e.g.) it pops up a alphabetical keyboard on iOS instead of a numeric keyboard.

I can of course restrict the length on input[type=number] with javascript, but if the browser supported it natively that would be far better.