Re: [whatwg] Outline style to use for drawSystemFocusRing

From: Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 21:21:04 -0700
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not the style of the element? If the child element has a class of
> 'button' and the CSS has
>
> button:focus {
>
> color:red;
>
> }
>
> Shouldn't the focus be in red?

While I also think there should probably be some way to override at least
the color of the focus ring in order to match the rest of the UI, I also
think that at this stage it might make more sense to just get this out in
front of developers (behind a flag) and see what happens with some
real-world apps.

I know at least 3 developers who are interested in trying it out with their
apps.

- Dominic