Re: [whatwg] URL: file URL "C|" quirk

From: Chris Weber <chris@lookout.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:53:00 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
> Both Gecko and Chromium have a quirk with "C|" and similar patterns
> (drive letter followed by |). They treat it similarly to "C:".
> However, Internet Explorer does not do this. Should we remove this
> quirk?

In my testing IE does treat C| as C: _if_ the scheme is qualified, as in:

file://c|/foo/bar

I know that including the scheme is a slightly different test case than
your original, but in case it's helpful see:

http://web.lookout.net/2011/06/some-browsers-convert-pipe-to-colon-in.html

thanks,
Chris Weber