Re: [whatwg] Page reflow when entering/exiting fullscreen

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Matt Falkenhagen <falken@chromium.org> wrote:
> By placeholder, I mean a dummy renderer with the same dimensions as the
> element before it went full screen, added in its place when it goes
> fullscreen to prevent the page from reflowing. There are probably other
> ways to prevent reflow, such as rendering the element twice, once in
> fullscreen form and once as it would appear had it not gone fullscreen
> (though that would be a lot more difficult).
>
> If I understand correctly, the spec isn't mandating anything about
> retaining or not retaining layout, but I'd like to just get an idea of what
> people expect to happen.

I would expect layout to happen and I would expect the scrolling
position to not change (or if you decide to scroll when fullscreen, it
would). The placeholder thingie might make sense to make the
appearance of entering and exiting fullscreen more smooth.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/