Re: [whatwg] remove resetClip from the Canvas 2D spec

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:39:35 +0000 (UTC)
To: WHATWG List <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> we were looking at how resetClip could be implemented in WebKit. Looking
> over the Core Graphics implementation, this feature can't be implemented
> without significant overhead. I also found an email from 2007 where
> Maciej states the same concern:
>    http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.org.w3c.whatwg.discuss/10582

The solution on Mac is probably for Apple to update CoreGraphics to
support this feature.

This is a quite widely requested feature.

> Since no browser has implemented it, can it be removed from the spec?

It's new, so no browser having implemented it is expected.

If browsers don't implement it, it'll get removed in due course. But it
would be sad for authors, who are the main concern here.