Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Add window.getLastError (or modify invocation arguments of window.onerror)

From: James Greene <james.m.greene@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:30:43 -0500
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: Oliver Hunt <oliver@apple.com>, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, nathan.f77@gmail.com
I'd rather get an Error-like duck-typed object with this shell info for
cross-domain requests than to not get a real Error object when the
unhandled error *is* from the same origin.

Adding the trace as another new argument to `window.onerror` is certainly
an option but the parameter list is getting long and I suspect that Error
prototypes may still gain additional properties in the future.  Continuing
down this path of adding more parameters rather than just passing an Error
instance or Error-like object (or providing a separate supplemental method
like `window.getLastError()` seems like one of those decisions that might
results in infinite sadness in the future.

Sincerely,
    James Greene