Re: [whatwg] Script preloading

On browser preloading:

There seems to an inherent conflict between 'indiscriminate' Pre-parsers/
PreloadScanner and "responsive design" for mobile. Responsive designs
mostly implies that everything needed for a full screen desktop is
provided in markup to all devices.

Isn't the Pre-parsers/PreloadScanner's inability to take into account the
display[none:yes] factor be a potential significant blow to 'mobile'
performance.

Use case: What if I have a set of images in an element set as
display:none; only designated to be show on desktop or tablet screens and
not on mobile phone?

What if I have an inline script in that node?

Isn't the PreloadScanner loading a lot more than I need, a problem here?

In addition to the need to preload, with responsive design taken into
consideration, and for lack of not being able to remove part of the <body>
before the browser parses the document. I see an increasing potential need
for the ability to indicate to the browser not to load selective assets
before DOMReady and suppress such preload.

Bruno