Re: [whatwg] HTML5 web messaging - postMessage

Please choose a list to send mail to, rather than spamming multiple lists,
or else the thread will become fragmented as people choose one or the other
list.

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Jack (Zhan, Hua Ping)
<jackiszhp@gmail.com>wrote:

> This design was messed up by pulling "origin" (a word that some people
> put too much attention more than should).
> Even worse, it requires "o.contentWindow", this is really no
> professional sense. Because of this design, if I open two tabs with
> the same url http://www.google.com/ they are not able to communicate.

You want shared workers for that, not Web Messaging.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/workers.html#shared-workers-introduction

--
Glenn Maynard