Re: [whatwg] Canvas: even-odd winding rule fills

yes, your particular use case was easy.
However, just look at how stroke is implemented in the Canvas 2d spec or
how you can create paths by stroking or stroked text. They're all affected
by the winding rules.
(The description on how to do strokes in the spec is very wrong, but that
can be addressed later)

Dirk and I did a bit more research and found that SVG, PDF, Flash,
PostScript, Skia, Core Graphics and Direct2D all have the winding rules as
part of the fill operator. It seems strange that canvas would choose to
have a different interface...