Re: [whatwg] Assigning media resources represented as DOM objects to a media element

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> cloneNode() won't work for autorevoked URLs, because it is defined to only
> clone attributes and children, not internal state (with a few exceptions
> for Web compatibility). (Don't tell me that it shouldn't work that way; I
> argued that long ago and lost :-).)

We explicitly allow for it today.
http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-node-clone-ext

That was added of course for the compatibility reasons you mention
(mostly form controls) but I don't see why at this point in time we
should still avoid using it for other means.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/