Re: [whatwg] use of article to markup comments

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:39:58 +1100
To: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, Bruce Lawson <brucel@opera.com>
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp <
nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:

> "Bruce Lawson" <brucel@opera.com> schrieb am Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:30:18
> -0000:
>
> > In short, why should the spec suggest any specific method of marking
> > up comments?
>
> As someone who is interested in semantics and tired of scraping
> content and applying scrappy heuristics: If it is clear that an
> <article> within an <article> represents a comments one can easily:

<article> in <article> could be a comment. Or it could be something else
entirely. Your heuristic may work in many cases, but certainly not in all.
If we really wanted to be sure where to find the semantic concept of a
comment, we should introduce a meaningful element for it such as <comment>.

Silvia.