Re: [whatwg] Form data append behavior on null type

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 01:58:40 -0500
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 12/31/13 1:44 AM, Tingan Ho wrote:
> Right now, Chrome, Firefox, Opera uses emtpy strings *""*. Safari and IE
> uses null string *"null".*

May I ask which Firefox version you tested?  I would think that Firefox
20 and newer would be sending "null" here, and testing on
http://jsfiddle.net/fbgLg/ suggests that I think correctly.

> So this problem will be there until a standard is applied.

Since Blink is the only actively-developed browser engine sending ""
instead of "null" here, it's probably best to just file a bug on Blink
asking them to follow the spec.

-Boris