Re: [whatwg] Zip archives as first-class citizens

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> I think this comes back to use cases.
>
> If the idea of having the zip is "here is stuff that should live in its own
> world", then we do not want easy ways to get out of it via relative URIs.
>
> If the idea is to have "here is a fancy way of representing a directory"
> then relative URIs should Just Work across the zip boundary, like they would
> for any other directory.
>
> Which model are we working with here?  Or some other one that doesn't match
> either of those two?

I thought it was the former. It seems other relative URLs are likely
mistakes and would not make the zip archive easily portable. Turning
them into network errors and requiring <base> in the HTML or absolute
URLs seems fine.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/