Re: [whatwg] Promise.every() arguments

Hey spreading sounds great... I miss that from python.

But, the promise array issue still feels really awkward to me.

One confusing example of this is that if you *do* pass an array,
(incorrectly) the then() gets an array of an array of unresolved promises:

Promise.every([Promise.resolve(1),
Promise.resolve(2)]).then(function(results) {
    // here results is [[Promise, Promise]]
})

Which again from a developer perspective seems more like Promise.every()
forgot to resolve all the promises, not that you're using the API wrong.

Whereas if the API were the other way around, and you pass
Promise.every(Promise.resolve(1), Promise.resolve(2)) by accident,
Promise.every() can throw an exception to say "don't do that, you clearly
misunderstand"

Promises are going to be out way before ES6, it seems unfortunate that
everyone's going to have to use Promise.every.apply though, since spreading
is a syntax error in non-ES6... it means you can't polyfill it in the
general case. (And maybe there's some generic answer to that aspect of ES6
- I'm admittedly not up to speed on the ES6 future-compatible story)

Alec