Re: [whatwg] API to delay the document load event

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>>  If it doesn't get used, why would they need to invest time implementing
>> it?
>>

> Putting a feature in the HTML spec (or related specs) is asking all
> browsers to implement it.  If we don't expect anyone but Firefox to
> implement something, then it shouldn't be in there.  If all you want is the
> feature to have a specification, that's different--an API can have a
> specification without it being inside the HTML spec, it can still be openly
> reviewed here, etc.

It's not really clear to me that there's a set of specs that "ask all
browsers to implement them" and another set that don't. (I for one do not
plan to implement features that are not, will not, or should not be used,
just because they're in the HTML spec.) But I don't really care either, as
long as we end up with a good API with a good spec that has had open
discussion and development just like we're doing here.

Anyway, based on Aaron's mail it sounds like there is some interest from
beyond Mozilla.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq