Re: [whatwg] API to delay the document load event

From: David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:31:36 +0200
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Le 29/04/2013 14:44, David Bruant a écrit :
> I'm no Caja expert, but this light-Caja might be as simple as picking
> a few Caja libraries and wiring them a bit differently. I'll ask the
> Caja mailing-list.
Which I did and the answers are very interesting:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-caja-discuss/tFhYLJ4abL4/1Mq34zXd_z0J
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-caja-discuss/tFhYLJ4abL4/p0xUcsV99boJ
I also read a bit more about the Caja API
https://developers.google.com/caja/ and it's all fairly easy to use.

As far as I'm concerned, I consider the "independent standard-based
widget loading" problem solved through these solutions. Not just solved
in theory. Solved in the sense that any dev can easily deploy them and
that perf (both startup+runtime) is not too degraded in modern browsers.
If someone believes otherwise, please speak up; otherwise, let's forget
about "independent widgets" when designing platform APIs?

David