[whatwg] TextTrack and addCue

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:41:34 +0200
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
Hi all,

Has it been considered adding another method to add cues to a track?
Something like addCues(DOMString text) where the text is not only one
cue (like in the TextTrackCue ctor) but where the text would be multiple
cues as written in a WebVTT file? My use case is that I'm getting WebVTT
content from a server using XHR and I'd like to add that easily to the
track, without having to parse them myself. Ideally, I would like to
push the WebVTT content to the track a bit like the Media Source
Extension API. Another option (less ideal) would be to have a
WebVTTParser object with a parseFromString method returning a
TextTrackList (a bit like the DOMParser object). Each cue could be added
one by one.

Comments?

Cyril

--