Re: [whatwg] Spec for location object needs to make some properties unforgeable; need supporting WebIDL changes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:05:20 -0400
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
> Boris Zbarsky:
>> I guess the question is whether we're more likely to need [Unforgeable]
>> on some other entire interface or whether were more likely to need
>> [Unforgeable] on a single member that's not a readonly attribute.  Of
>> course we might never need either one...
>
> I'm inclined to simplify now (by moving [Unforgeable] to the interface)
> and worry about it later if we need to.

I guess from my point of view, extending the existing member
[Unforgeable] to a wider class of members without changing anything else
about it seems simpler than having two separate meanings to
[Unforgeable] depending on what it's decorating...  But maybe we're
thinking about simplicity in different contexts?

(Note we'll still need single-readonly-attribute [Unforgeable] for
several properties on Window and Document, no matter what we do with
Location.)

-Boris