Re: [whatwg] Hardware accelerated canvas

I'm just wondering if there's a way to detect if the canvas was made with
the purpose of drawing a static image.

On providing a better way for those single shot canvases to make sure that
the image is preserved, I think one way would be to add a complementing
method to toDataURL(), being toBlobURL(). This has the advantage that the
Blob URL could act as a cross-origin resource if non-CORS-enabled resources
were made to draw the canvas, whereas toDataURL() will just throw a
security exception. The Blob URL could still be used to serve an image tag
on the page.

Cheers,
Jussi