Re: [whatwg] Proposed addition to Drag and Drop API

From: Alex Bain <alex@alexba.in>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:37:44 -0700
To: Daniel Cheng <dcheng@chromium.org>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>, Tony Chang <tony@chromium.org>
@Ryosuke - I do not have a concrete proposal but would be interested in helping to work one out. I had idly considered a content attribute but think that specifying an element (perhaps via a function called setDragElement()) would be a simple implementation.

@Daniel - I had thought that was possible but in my testing I was not able to get it to work. I had tried referencing an existing element as well as creating a new element but neither were visible while dragging [in Chrome].