Re: [whatwg] Proposal for change in recommendation for loading behavior of non-applicable stylesheets

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:02:18 -0400
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 6/20/12 3:16 PM, Andy Davies wrote:
> Looking at waterfalls for a page loading Android 2.3 and iOS 5, it
> appears that iOS does defer the non-applicable stylesheets - question
> is why don't more browsers?

In Gecko's case it's as I said: stylesheet loads are often kicked off
before media query information is available...  We could probably
redesign stylesheet loading to make it happen somewhat later or maybe
redesign pageload to get media query information earlier, but it just
hasn't happened yet.

-Boris