Re: [whatwg] sandboxed documents and cookies

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:14:09 +0200
To: Ian Melven <imelven@mozilla.com>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, david-sarah@jacaranda.org
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM, Ian Melven <imelven@mozilla.com> wrote:
> IE 10, Chrome and the patches I am working on for Firefox all throw a SecurityError
> even if no cookies are set - i agree that this seems like the correct behaviour.

It seems you misunderstand the term cookie-free Document object. It's
a specific kind of Document object, used by XMLHttpRequest (and maybe
ought to be used for DOMParser and such too).

I believe from testing the behavior for XMLHttpRequest is different in
browsers from throwing, although I would prefer if they were
consistent there.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/