Re: [whatwg] Proposal for Links to Unrelated Browsing Contexts

From: Charlie Reis <creis@chromium.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:09:31 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Charlie Reis <creis@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>wrote:
>
>> Having a rel attribute imply a target attribute value seems bad. Thus
>> far they have been orthogonal. Maybe it should be a new target
>> attribute value instead?
>>

> I'm not opposed to that, and it does seem simpler.  Something like
> target=_unrelated?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've updated
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Links_to_Unrelated_Browsing_Contexts with a
second proposed solution for target=_unrelated (similar to target=_blank,
but in an unrelated context).  It works better for the window.open case as
well.

Any feedback on this revised approach?

Thanks,
Charlie