Re: [whatwg] FileList usage

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 22:49:42 +0000 (UTC)
To: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org, Noel Gordon <noel@google.com>, Vincent Scheib <scheib@chromium.org>
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Erik Arvidsson wrote:

> Now that we are removing usages of DOMStringList it is also tempting
> to look at other list interfaces that only have item/length. Searching
> through the WebKit IDL files the following are dumb:
>
> ClientRectList
> CSSRuleList
> CSSValueList
> EntryArray
> EntryArraySync
> GamepadList
> MediaStreamList
> MediaStreamTrackList
> SpeechInputResultList
> StyleSheetList

I haven't done anything in the HTML spec for these; most do not appear
and those that do depend on underlying specs changing first.

> FileList

I haven't changed FileList usage because it seems controversial; I'd be
happy to do so though if that is what the File API specs' editors want me
to do.

> SQLResultSetRowList

This is a WebKit-only feature now, it was dropped from the spec long ago.