Re: [whatwg] Administrivia: Update on the relationship between the WHATWG HTML living standard and the W3C HTML5 specification

On 25 July 2012 18:12, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> To reiterate the statement I made in the original post on this thread:
>
> If you have any questions, I encourage you to e-mail me privately or ask
> on the IRC channel (#whatwg on Freenode); process-related discussion is
> discouraged on this mailing list so that we can maintain a high technical
> signal to noise ratio.

> mailing list, or cc me on a public post on a system such as Google+ or
> e-mail me a link to your blog post.
>
> Answers to any frequent questions about process issues will be added to
> the FAQ (something that you can do directly or which you can wait for
> someone else such as me to do).

> discussions and not for process discussions.

Thank you for the response, and the guidance.

I presume that naming is still a technical matter.

Just so that it's possible to understand how to name the two new branches
correctly, can you confirm that the W3C branch is now called "HTML5" and
the WHATWG branch is named 'HTML Living Standard'.

Is this the long term project name, or just a working title?

Just thinking out loud, is that wise given that the acronym (T)LS (The)
Living Standard, (which someone has used already) is also used often used
as 'Transport Layer Security'?