Re: [whatwg] Comments about the track element

Hi Silvia,

Le 7/25/2012 3:42 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Henri Sivonen<hsivonen@iki.fi>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
>> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> But you can use cue.text and parse it as a SVG fragment.
>> That would be RSS all over again. :-(
> To some extent. If we are very clear about what will be in the cues
> and that it will always be just SVG, we could just create a
> @kind="svg".
The SVG WG resolved to write a document describing how to store SVG
content into streaming packets (or cues) whether full documents or
document fragments for progressive loading of content. I'll be the
editor of this document. You can already have an idea of what would be
in this document looking at
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVGStreaming. I plan to talk
about cue content and associated signaling timing, random access point ...

> What I think we may need at this stage is a demo implementation using
> existing @kind=metadata functionality and then see what features are
> required in the cues and if that can be generalized as a new @kind.
I think my previous email shows an attempt at providing such demo
implementation
(http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~concolat/html5_tests/getcueasSVG.html <http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/%7Econcolat/html5_tests/getcueasSVG.html>)
and why it is not sufficient. I'll be happy to take suggestions to
improve it.

Regards,
Cyril

--