[whatwg] Requests for new elements for comments

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:57:27 -0000
On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:26:31 -0000, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> Actually, they are remarkably similar. I think it's anachronistic to
> consider that the utterances of the site owner are in some way distinct
> from the utterances of the site readers.

While I do agree with you (for a change), identifying authors of
<article>s is undeniably useful. First-posters in a thread or syndication
may be styled differently from other posters, <articles> by authors of
outer <articles> may be emphasized in some way, <articles> by certain
authors may be omit, etc. I find no algorithm for identifying authors of
<article>s in the spec. Should the value of the first href attribute in a
footer be assumed to identify the author? That seems bound to break, early
and often.
--
-,Bjartur