Re: [whatwg] Canvas: dash list API

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 15:07:10 -0800
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 12/22/12 6:07 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> If we don't have the type checking of array elements, and also don't
> need any noticing of individual element assignments, then we can just
> have a reference to a plain Array object and look at its elements at the
> time the dash array is needed.

"Look at elements at the time it's needed" is bad for interop, because
looking at the elements of a plain array means, in general, calling
arbitrary script.  Which means that to really get interop you need to
specify exactly which elements are looked at when....

If we don't care about that level of interop, this is an option, of course.

-Boris