Re: [whatwg] Feature Request: Media Elements as Targets for Links

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:19:14 +0100
To: "Nils Dagsson Moskopp" <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 22:25:19 +0100, Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:

> Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> schrieb am Tue, 18
> Dec 2012 17:01:40 +0100:
>
>> […]
>>
>> I therefore prefer a declarative way of linking to timed resources
>> embedded in their original context. Working on a polyfill right now.
>
> <http://daten.dieweltistgarnichtso.net/src/media-fragments-html-polyfill/>
> I am delighted how useful it is. Is there any implementor interest?

Redefining/extending what the fragment component does for HTML is somewhat
risky, so it really comes down to what exactly the processing should be.

What should a browser do with a URL ending with #foo&t=10 if there is an
element on the page with id="foo&t=10"? What about #foo&bar if there is an
element with id="foo"? I would be surprised if treating #foo& the same as
#foo were Web compatible...

The part of the spec that would be affected is
<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/history.html#scroll-to-fragid>,
can you give more details about the changes you'd make?

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer