[whatwg] Fullscreen changes to support <dialog>

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, Ojan Vafai wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> >
> > Fullscreen then defines that when you make an element fullscreen, it's
> > "pushed onto the top layer", and when an element is unfullscreened,
> > it's "yanked from the top layer". The user "emergency escape" UI yanks
> > all fullscreened elements from the top layer (but leaves any other
> > elements in it; we wouldn't want dialogs to disappear when exiting
> > full screen mode).
>
> Escape usually calls cancel on dialogs, no? Seems to me that if you have
> a dialog open, esc should cancel the dialog, otherwise it should yank
> all fullscreened elements.

Yes, indeed. I didn't mean to specifically refer to the escape key, so
much as the generic "escape me out of fullscreen mode because I might be
being spoofed" emergency escape UI. That could just be a button that
appears when you hover over the top-right of the screen, for instance.