[whatwg] HTML5 novice asking for guidance

Sorry, but this is not a help forum.  This mailing list is intended
for the development of the HTML language and related languages.

That said, yes, everything you described can be done easily using
Javascript and a bit of HTML and CSS.  I recommend picking up a decent
reference book for Javascript.

~TJ