[whatwg] readystatechange for SCRIPT

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 9/9/11 3:40 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> >
> > This is what I'm leaning towards at the moment. Are there any
> > objections to removing the readyState support from<script> (reverting
> > r6543) and moving onreadystatechange to HTMLDocument exclusively?
>
> HTMLDocument, or Document?

They're more or less the same, per spec. To the extent that they are not
the same, we're still trying to work out what to do.

> If it's put on HTMLDocument exclusively, that would solve the
> XMLDocument.prototype problem as well.  But the readyState property
> seems to be on Document, not HTMLDocument....

HTMLDocument in the HTML spec defines HTMLDocument.readyState but says:

   Document implements HTMLDocument;

There's been a suggestion that I should just define it as a partial
interface for Document instead and then define HTMLDocument === Document,
but I haven't looked into that yet.

Since nobody seems to object, I'm going to revert r6543 and make
onreadystatechange special.