[whatwg] [editing] New conformance tests

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 16:48:21 +0000
?ann mi?  7.sep 2011 20:44, skrifa?i Aryeh Gregor:
> I've had some type of tests around for a while now, but they weren't
> suitable for implementers.  I've now recoded and reformatted them so
> that they output a table of results using James Graham's
> testharness.js.  The link is here, but WARNING: it will run script
> continuously for a few minutes, which will freeze Firefox (Chrome is
> fine):
>
> http://aryeh.name/spec/editing/conformancetest/runtest.html
>
> I haven't tested it yet in IE or Opera, but obviously that's fairly
> high on my priority list.  I also intend to break it up into more
> manageable chunks so it doesn't freeze the tab or browser for quite so
> long.  The tests are documented in the specification itself:

It freezes surf as well, and then crashes it (though that's clearly a
bug in surf and maybe JavaScriptCore). Opera runs it fine, but the
chrome is slowed down severely. The results are quite a bit bigger than
my copy buffer, and polite ML messages, though :) Maybe my Opera build
is just plain outdated, but I felt the numbers might be interesting
either way.

Opera 10.60 Internal. Build 6386 for Linux.
Compiled on Jun 30 2010 by gcc 4.3.2 (ABI: 1002) for GNU libc 2.7.

Time elapsed: 2:38.857 min.
Summary

Found 56720 tests
13685 Pass