[whatwg] <comment> element

From: Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:29:10 +0100

Browsing the web with user-submitted comments hidden sounds like a good
use case. There are extensions that do that in various browsers:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/commentblocker/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ckdphbkdjpkpjabcnfogjmlddegeoenc
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/74340

Even if we agree that a nested <article> can be a comment, there is no
guarantee that every nested <article> is a comment. Thus "browsing with
comments hidden" cannot be implemented by hiding nested article elements
(there's no indication whether nested articles are comments, or nesting
was done with other purpose in mind).

Therefore I suggest we paint this shed with:

<article type="comment">

--
regards, Kornel Lesi?ski