[whatwg] add html-attribute for "responsive images"

From: Ashley Sheridan <ash@ashleysheridan.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 07:36:06 +0100
On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 07:15 +0200, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 5 sept. 2011 ? 15:07, Anselm Hannemann - Novolo Designagentur a ?crit :
> > Why should we use inline-styles once again? Why should we load content images with CSS? What about accessibility? Where to add alt-attribute / title / ARIA etc.?
>
> Not exactly what is happening.
> There is a URI with an image without a javascript and/or CSS activated.
> The CSS changes the image dynamically depending on the user experience context controlled by mediaqueries.

Yes, but the point is, the alternative images you may want to display
for visitors on a smaller screen/resolution could be completely
different from the original image (cropped shot not showing all the
detail, etc). Ergo, you lose the accessibility because you now can't
textually represent it in the alt tag.

--
Thanks,
Ash