[whatwg] <comment> and <ad> elements

From: Shaun Moss <shaun@astromultimedia.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 16:14:40 +1000
Hi all

I've joined this list to put forward the argument that there should be
elements for <comment> and <ad> included in the HTML5 spec.

These are both extremely common features of many web pages; I would say
at least as common as "article". At present there is no obvious semantic
a kludge at best.

I would love to hear people's thoughts on this idea, as I'm sure it
would have been discussed before. Please also let me know the process
for submitting a formal proposal to the WHATWG or the W3C about this.

I'm the founder and CEO of IWDA (International Web Development Academy),
and currently writing a course in HTML5.

Thanks,
Shaun