[whatwg] Node inDocument

From: James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 18:56:05 -0700
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 00:18:26 +0200, Erik Arvidsson <arv at chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
>> After thinking more about this we believe that moving contains to Node
>> is a better alternative. The problem with Node inDocument is that it
>> does not say which document it is in so code would need to also check
>> ownerDocument to be robust in the presence of frames and multiple
>> windows.
>>

> You got it. Now everyone please implement :-)
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/**raw-file/tip/Overview.html#**
> dom-node-contains<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#dom-node-contains>

What is the expected behavior for nodes in iframes?  IOW, with this sort of
DOM:

  <iframe id="a">
    <iframe id="b">

what is the return value for:
b.contentDocument.contains(node);  // I'd expect true, the spec seems to say
true
a.contentDocument.contains(node);  // I'd expect false, the spec seems to
say true
document.contains(node); // I'd expect false, the spec seems to say true

- James