[whatwg] Feedback on UndoManager spec

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
>> 2) What happens if you have an Element with the undoscope attribute
>> that doesn't descend from a Document? ?Does undo management make any
>> sense in that case, or should the undoscope attribute have no effect
>> for detached elements?
>
> This is a debatable point. On one hand, allowing a node with undoManager to
> be moved to another location in DOM seems nice but on the other hand, being
> able to move a node with undoManager to a different document will be
> problematic. And semantically, moving undoManager makes very little sense.

Why is it problematic to move an element with an undoManager from one
document to another. If all the data that the undomanager needs lives
inside the undoManager object itself, it seems quite possible to move
between documents or even interact with while not inside a document.

I agree that moving a undoManager between elements doesn't make much
sense semantically though (even though even that would technically be
implementable).

/ Jonas