[whatwg] <meta name="referrer">

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:50:00 -0400
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Adam Barth <w3c at adambarth.com> wrote:

> I've written a spec for <meta name="referrer"> and moved the
> registration the "Proposals that don't meet the requirements for a
> registration" to the "Registered Extensions" section of
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MetaExtensions.
>
> Let me know if you have any feedback:
>
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Meta_referrer
>
> Please find below the use cases and examples from the spec.  (Details
> are, of course, in the spec itself.)

It would be nice if this could be done orthogonally to rel="noreferrer", and
in a way that's link-specific instead of global to the whole page; for
example, <a rel="originreferrer">, <a rel="alwaysreferrer">.

Also, is this really intended to affect things other than links (eg. images
and other resources)?  rel=noreferrer only works on links.

Also, note noreferrer's effect on "opener", which is probably appliable here
as well:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/links.html#link-type-noreferrer

--
Glenn Maynard