[whatwg] MIME Sniffing spec - http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/

On 10/22/11 6:11 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 22/10/11 10:11, Anne van Kesteren a ?crit :
>
>> We do not want to sniff text/plain more than strictly necessary.
>
> One thing I should add : conformance to specs _is_ strictly
> necessary. Both MIME and HTTP don't make this spec mandatory.

Daniel, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

What _Anne_ is trying to say is that the table you're pointing at
enumerates the set of cases in which a browser will ignore a text/plain
content-type and try to figure out what the server "really meant".  And
that we obviously want to make the set of such cases as small as
possible while remaining compatible with the web.  The default behavior
should be to assume that if the server says "text/plain" it really means
that.

-Boris