[whatwg] MIME Sniffing spec - http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:09:49 +0200
Le 22/10/11 10:11, Anne van Kesteren a ?crit :

>> Speaking of that document, I notice section 4 forces the presence of a
>> whitespace after the semi-colon preceeding the parameter, eg:
>>
>> text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>>
>> This is wrong. Nothing in the MIME or the HTTP specs says such a
>> whitespace is mandatory. Whitespace is explicitely forbidden between
>> type and subtype, between parameter-name and parameter-value, but that's
>> all. AFAIC, |text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1| is perfectly valid and
>> |text/plain ; charset=iso-8859-1| is perfectly valid too.
>
> We do not want to sniff text/plain more than strictly necessary.

Sorry, I don't understand that answer, what do you mean exactly ?

If I read the document correctly, UAs are going to fallback to complex
type detection with perf and time cost just because the content-type
detection did not honour the potential presence of whitespace ???
Really ?

</Daniel>