[whatwg] Fullscreen CSS

Robert O'Callahan wrote:

>> I think we should go the route that the <dialog> element did in Ted's
>> change proposal and have a pseudo-element that gets created when an
>> element is fullscreened.  Simple and easy, and trivial for the author
>> to manipulate to get most effects they could want.
>
> Interesting. I did not know about that.
>
> That proposal requires layout engine changes[?] Also, it doesn't
> address situations where[?] (and maybe other things I've forgotten).

Yeah, I'm sure I missed lots of potential issues in the initial ::cover
proposal. Please follow up on the www-style thread linked to below! :)

> I think we should probably define a unified mechanism that can be used for
> the fullscreen element and the <dialog> element and anything else like it

Exaclty. I've made a proposal for a backdrop feature, for the Fullscreen
API and <dialog>, here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Nov/0705.html

Ted