[whatwg] API design restrictions due to barewords in onxxx="" attributes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:42:19 -0500
On 11/26/11 1:03 AM, Yehuda Katz wrote:
> Honestly, before this discussion, I would have been surprised to hear
> that this works at all. It also seems to me that the group of people who
> know how to add an expando and the group of people who use onxxx= is
> pretty small to begin with.

This isn't about people doing it on purpose.  It's about people doing it
by accident via copy/paste programming, which is the common case of
using barewords in on* attributes to start with: people who do it have
no idea _why_ that code works, just that they copied it from somewhere
and that it works.

-Boris