[whatwg] Automatic transaction should support changing the value of input/textarea

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:38:00 -0800
On Tuesday, November 8, 2011, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
>>
>> Yup, that seems like the right solution. But we should specify exactly
>> what the UA should store. I.e. should it store the whole before/after
>> values?
>
> That seems expensive.
>>
>> What should it do if the after-value doesn't match the current
>> value when the transaction is reverted?
>
> Hm... so the only way this could happen is if script assigned a value to
the value IDL attribute, so it's probably safe to say we should abort (i.e.
no restoration of the value)

As long as we define exactly when to "abort". If we say that it aborts any
time the value doesn't match the old after-value, then we have to remember
that whole value (which you argued was expensive above)

/ Jonas