From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 00:19:17 -0700
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com>wrote:

>  > This is very presentational thinking.
>
> Correct.  This API was designed and is used presentationally, not
> semantically.  Both authors and users want presentational formatting
> here.  That's why it's called "What You *See* Is What You Get".

I completely disagree. As a user, I want semantics when I write my blog
entry on WordPress so that I can tweak presentation afterwards.  e.g. I have
frequently used em {font-style: normal; font-weight:bold;} strong
{text-decoration:underline; font-weight: normal;} in the past.

And when I press enter, I want a paragraph separator NOT a line break.

- Ryosuke