[whatwg] Full Screen API Feedback

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:43:26 -0400
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> It seems rational to me: click on fullscreen, the video fills the entire
> window (but not the screen), and some browser UI appears to suggest going
> the rest of the way.

This sounds really bad to me.  The user shouldn't have to be prompted.
 Just make sure that you only do it in response to user action (like
with window.open()), and hitting most keys will leave fullscreen mode,
and you display a message like "Fullscreen mode, hit ESC to exit" for
a couple of seconds at the top.  That's basically what Flash does,
right?  Does that cause problems?  I'm pretty sure we all agree that
prompting the user is horrible UI and should be avoided wherever
possible.